Sunday, October 20, 2013

big doings

Lots of stuff happening in the O'G household.   The 881SF Of Hell is on the market  (did I say 881SF of hell?  I meant Happy Land!  Where unicorns serve you breakfast in bed every day!).   You know what's fun - cleaning out 8 years of crap in order to have an open house.  It took us two weeks and we didn't even touch the attic... except to put some more stuff up there. 

We're sort of in limbo right now.   We can only buy a new place if we sell the current one, and we have to sell this one for a specific amount of money.   We are still very much underwater and there is a limit to how much cash we can muster up to bring to the closing (never mind the down payment on the next house!)  What that all means is we cannot accept any offers below our magic number.   It isn't as though we AREN'T motivated to sell this place,  it's that Wells Fargo isn't letting us walk away without getting their cash.   We aren't willing to ruin our credit with a short sale, so we are still stuck between a rock and a hard place.   Since we do have a hard bottom when it comes to what we can and cannot accept,  we literally don't know if we will be able to sell.   Looking for our next place is kind of hard to do when you really have no idea if or when you would be able to buy it.

Keeping Baby Girl in the dark has been hard too.  I don't want her too confused - she's only 4 and she doesn't need to know details yet, especially when so much is still up in the air.  She knows that something is going on though so I don't know how long I can keep it from her.   She's becoming very attached to her toys these days,  probably because they keep disappearing and reappearing every time the realtor comes over to take pictures or there's an open house.

This would be so much easier if we hadn't bought at the height of the market!  Ah well,  lesson learned.

Between cleaning out our place and the Cold of Death that I'm still fighting off,  I hadn't run at all since the half marathon until today.    I forced myself to run a 5K and it was slow and painful.   I swear it's one step forward and two steps back with this running.   I know I can be better with regular practice and a much healthier diet,  but I seem to lack to motivation to get there.  

TL:DR - house for sale,  haven't run in awhile.

No comments: